Sunday 28 March 2010

Unique looking typefaces...

I found some really incredible typefaces, as I was looking for typefaces with original concepts that might give me a new direction of thinking about how I want to create my font(s).


This is an example of a highly original typeface, but with some setbacks because of its own stylisation. What I mean to say is that, letters like the 'R', 'N' and 'X' are a bit confusing on their own. The font is called, 'Getting Blocky', designed by a Deviant from deviantart.com


LDJ Crafty: This is a very fun looking , hand drawn typeface and it is totally traditional, so its very unique and inspiring.


In contrast to the previous font, these chunky, proportional, block characters in this font 'MOD', show some high use of technical skills, but that all goes down the pooper when there is no clarity in the font. But I just put this example up, for the imagination behind the font.


Pyramid: Each letter in this typeface has been designed as a pyramid, viewed from a birds eye view. Even though not every character is as legible as it should or could be, the design is really impressive and creative.


Adry of Hanabi: You get a sense that this typeface is based on European street art, as it reminds you a bit of that. Most of the characters incorporate a relaxed, spiral design, which has a graffiti like feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment