Tuesday 16 March 2010

Gemma Correll


Stumbled across this GREAT illustrator while researching, and I looked at this work and I was like, '..I can relate to this in so many levels'. I mean, sometimes I feel like when I look at other peoples work, may that be in my class or online at other artists work, and I'm just like... WTF? I'm no good compared to them..I have no stinkin' imagination...WTF am I doing, wasting my time?. Then I tell myself to just copy their work, but as soon as you agree to that and start drawing, you realise, I don't wanna do that, where the eff would I get by copying work? and so I just chuck that pencil and sketchbook in the corner and then there's the phase of anger, frustration and just feeling like total crap... but that has kinda helped me to figure out something about myself... my expectations from myself are so effin' high that it's ridiculous... realizing that I'm not such a good designer, lol, not at all! I mean thats why I'm in education, to learn and expand my skills, but your still in that phase of effin' frustration and anger...and still feeling like crap.... so all the self-reassuring and stuff just doesn't make sense to you.... bloody hell I need some coffee....

No comments:

Post a Comment