Monday 22 February 2010

DNA Outrage...

I remembered something vaguely, from the london exhibition, about how your DNA information is stored in police records once they get a hold of it, and how they still keep it after you have been released, and I was curious how people reacted to this. Personally, I would say that DNA is something personal to the individual and its invading personal lives, so its clearly wrong to keep a record of your DNA without your permission.

I found these couple of articles about how DNA can be stored in a database without the person even knowing about it...



These articles were quite informing to me, as I wasn't even aware of such issues till now. You also get to see the two sides of how people react to such cases. On one side there will be people who agree with DNA info. being stored in databases, with arguments such as, '...the DNA database is a good thing, it doesn't affect us day by day unless we do something wrong, the problem is that it has the image of a ''criminal'' database..'. Then on the other side, there will be people who disagree with this, calling the government paranoid, and insecure.

No comments:

Post a Comment