Saturday 15 May 2010

Fontstruct: great fun or just no helpful at all? :(


Ok, since I had decided to take a break from fontstruct since it was being a pain in the neck, I went back to it the other day to give it another go!

So... the catch behind the whole free service from the providers is that you make your font out of pixels, which doesn't seem much of a problem when you think about it, since everything (digitally) is made out of tiny pixels. BUT! looking at all the curves I have to create with the hybrid, I want a VERY VERY smooth looking font, so for me to be able to achieve that, I literally have to use A LOT of pixels to make that smooth looking font. And of course, this is my FMP, so I want this hybrid font near enough perfection. Now, I'm not accepting defeat with fontstruct, but sometimes, while using it, it just makes me want to through my laptop across the room and just forget about it all....

oh well, be positive, think positive... so everything should be positive right?

No comments:

Post a Comment