Sunday 23 May 2010

Inspiration from other exhibitions?

I was interested to see how other designers have taken typographic approaches in their exhibitions and how they display their work. By doing this research, I'm hoping to get some idea for my plans for the show! the research is purely focused on typographic exhibitions, relating to my personal project.



The image above is from a beautiful typographic exhibition by Bruno Maag. The set up of the exhibition is pretty cool, with long streams of clear plastic cards hanging from the ceiling, swallowing the visitors in a typographic mist.


Picture ^ from Uk Communicate exhibition, Shanghai, China. The poster is covered with beautiful shapes and type. 'We will never pay attention to our daily objects, until you see this poster'

The picture above is from a science exhibition, but I wanted to include it here because of the beautiful display of light in there. The type on the wall 'light' is just amazing, as its being consistent with the lights hanging from the ceiling opposite, I think it works amazingly!


Above photos are from Terashima design exhibition. I love the type covered entrance! really gets your attention.


Design Cities/ Photo from Istanbul Museum of Modern Art. I like the type on the walls, I think it is cut out leaving a glow in the back. MAybe I could try something like that with my font? Having the mother or father letters cut out and projecting the hybrid from the back?


With my end of year show, as well as it being able to communicate my work well to the visitors, I want it to be fun and interactive, so people can come and just enjoy the work! I don't want to, in the end, resort to just huge posters displayed on the wall or just hanging there, I want to do something creative with my exhibit, so people will atleast remember it for a couple of hours or more after visiting the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment