Friday 30 April 2010

First Generation hybrids

These are the rest of my experimental hybrids from the fonts Proclamate light light and Helvetica regular.


They are small case letters and I did these experimental hybrids just to get me used to how dominant and recessive traits will play a part in type genetics (my favourite crossbreed was the 'b'). I tried out breeding capitals too, and the pictures following show all of my results.


The uppercase 'P' and 'E' I'm not happy with them at all. I think I was trying too hard with them and they just got ruined in that process but thats my area to improve in for next time.

My next step will be to create my own fonts. That will include;
1 serif blackletter font
1 san-serif font
1 offspring of the above two (a hybrid font)

No comments:

Post a Comment